Microsoft May 2022 Patch Tuesday fixes 3 zero-days, 75 flaws
Today Microsoft’s May 2022 Patch Tuesday, and with it comes fixes for three zero-day vulnerabilities, with one actively exploited, and a total of 75 flaws.
Of the 75 vulnerabilities fixed in today’s update, eight are classified as ‘Critical’ as they allow remote code execution or elevation of privileges.
The number of bugs in each vulnerability category is listed below:
- 21 Elevation of Privilege Vulnerabilities
- 4 Security Feature Bypass Vulnerabilities
- 26 Remote Code Execution Vulnerabilities
- 17 Information Disclosure Vulnerabilities
- 6 Denial of Service Vulnerabilities
- 1 Spoofing Vulnerability
- 0 Edge – Chromium Vulnerabilities
Three zero-days fixed, two actively exploited
This month’s Patch Tuesday includes fixes for three zero-day vulnerabilities, with one actively exploited and the others publicly disclosed.
Microsoft classifies a vulnerability as a zero-day if it is publicly disclosed or actively exploited with no official fix available.